The power of one-page proposals
It is impossible to overstate or underestimate the sheer power and usefulness of a thought-through, well-written one-page proposal or plan.
Never in human history has the supply of opportunities worth investing in been greater than the supply of capital. Exciting, isn’t it? Opportunity is our most important currency – more than cash, credit, toil or time.
The majority of high-growth companies and individuals launch between 12 and 20 successful growth initiatives per year.
Great plans and proposals are a big deal because their pay-off is potentially huge. Do you need one in order to expand, get backing, buy-in, board approval or funding? Or are you seeking a partner for a joint venture? Or do you want to sell your business, change careers or work for yourself?
The one-page format can get us from concept to proposal within hours and with the least amount of suffering, enabling us to swiftly concretise an idea, initiative or venture. It also prevents us from waffling or getting stuck in detail.
Further, crucially, it is extremely specific in what it asks of its recipient.
In a way that no longer document does, it respects the recipient’s time, since it can be read and signed off in 10 minutes or less.
A proposal usually has one of the following outcomes:
- yes, subject to conditions;
- please tell me more about this aspect or these aspects;
- I can’t help you, but recommend that you talk to person X.
Every proposal should candidly address rather than hide an initiative’s fatal flaw.
My offering in this regard includes:
- Writing and editing of competitor analyses, appendices, requests for proposal (RFPs), requests for quotation (RFQs), invitations for bid (IFBs) and requests for information (RFIs).
- Coming up with names for businesses and initiatives.
- Editing of corporate profiles, CVs and résumés.
I quote and cost on a per hour, project or retainer basis. I deal with one contact person per client. Feel free to let me know what you need and to ask me for a cost estimate. The sooner you contact me, the sooner I can assist you.